Arcman 发表于 2020-8-1 23:54

来自南非的心灵摇曳 A swaying heart from South Africa

A swaying heart from South Africa, Anthology of Addey's Poems
来自南非的心灵摇曳——Addey诗歌选集

About the poet:
Addey, my friend's husband. South African, a senior engineer who loves family and life. We have never met before. If we quote a Chinese idiom: "Seeing words as faces". We have already known each other. In my opinion, Addey's poems have a broad vision, elegant words, desolation and loneliness hidden in them. His poems are permeated with humanistic thinking and feelings of life. I believe readers will like it! I also look forward to more poems by Addey...

诗人简介:
Addey,我朋友的丈夫。南非人,一位深爱家庭和生活的高阶工程师。我们未曾谋面,如果引用中国的一个成语:“见字如面” 的话,我们早已相识了。Addey的诗歌在我看来,其视野高阔,文辞优雅,内藏苍凉与寂寞,饱含着人文思考与生活感触。相信读者会喜欢!我也期待Addey的更多诗作……

On this day, the 16th MayMay 2018
We stroll on a late Autumn daywhich happens to be the 16th Maylike every other 16th Maylike every other forgotten day
Rusty-brownleaves lie strewnlike small helpless heaps of brittle ruinlike heroes of last Spring scatteredlike days that never mattered
And the last 16th May?What I was thinking?Were my senses dull, gay?Vibrantly ringing?
Or was that day like today will be tomorrowHinting at regret, that subtle hue of sorrowAwind-blown weightless loadAnother crumpled leaf, anchorless in the road

Natasha and Rachel and Daniel and Catherine and GabrielJuly 2018
I have five pairs of footprints in the sandSome run here, and some run thereAnd for each I carry a special careEacha golden gossamer strandThat anchored my soulIn the lonely spacesof this life's landLike Whitman's spider, I think I foundUnknowingly, so long agoThat ductile anchor in oceans wide,Andas I sit in aged glowI clearly see how the current's tideWill deliver me joyous to the solemn divide

Akiddie's party in winter in IreneJuly 2018
Seated around the adult's tableIn the gracious, expansive golf estateWe all appear so in controlUrbane, smooth, small talk; no thinking requiredSuch worldly, comfortable, successful people
The black guy at the head of the tableHis strange (to me, this white guy) accentLilting, rhythmic, French-like?I knew he wasn't from hereHis beautiful dark wife, their beautiful dark children
Akiddie's party; balloons, strewn cake everywhere Crushed candy, spilled soda, potato chips; typical party fareThe kids clearly were having funThe adults, so relaxed, in the late afternoon sunNo disturbing this perfect picture that I'm trying to share
The black guy talking to the Chinese woman“In my country...” (I caught a snippet)“Since the genocide... (Another snippet)“People still missing...disappearing...(snippet)(snippet)“...fear...killing...political, freedom?”
But the woman's eyes, ears, mouth and nose were elsewhereUtter disinterest in this oh-so-common African storyHer body kept pulling away, to the Ukrainian friend she'd madeSince leaving (free?) China, to come live in free South Africa(So nice to escape from the crush of the world)
The black's guy's body, leaning forward, so tense, Trying to break through the thick air of indifferenceSlowly perceiving, shifting to address the table at largeHe ended up talking to the trees and the reedsthe grass, the birds and the bees
At some point, he caught my eye, a desperate holdI nodded and smiled, tried not to be coldOh, we made such a rainbow around that tableEach of us, so close, yet separated by infinityEach colour a reminder of something so nasty

The SeaOctober2018
The twin girl tourists followed us, down to the surfWhite-skinned and fair, Bodies so sleekShy- or perhaps: to take a surreptitious peekat our glistening naked behindsWe turned, bodies beckoned, smiling an invitationWhite and brown we stared at each otherfeeling the heat of the perfect dayWhile behind us the bracingly cold Atlantic water pounded on to the sandy bay
The ndown and under the foam-topped wavesHot and powerful our bodies heavingtangled and tumbled in the churning waterAnd rising, gasping, breathingas down the water streamedWe played until the dreaming nightEnthused we were, for an eternity, it seemedDrenched in sun and sea and pure delight
I remember that they said goodbyein halting, tentative Englishthen they left: and David and IStared morosely as they walked, slowly, reluctantly awayThe endlessly thrilling possibilities fading with the dying dayWe hiked back north, privately rememberingmaking boyish jokes of things that could happenHe returned to his math and engineeringand I to my failing and obscure Latin
I think now of that day, so many ages agoAgain, I see her rise,naked, from the white surging flow,The perfect day reflected in glistening blue eyes,Her body poised, slim and fairHer shoulders dressed coyly with salt-tangled hairPink nipples erect, an eternity of welcomeAnd I, naïve, clumsy, unsure, clung to the foamThen dove back into the sea, hiding from home

The Karoo of my SoulJanuary2019
The road stretched endlessly, lazily aheadLike a strip of liquorice on a dry sandy bedThe sun, like a hammer of heat from hell,Beat down on our cosy air-conditioned shell
To the left, grey-white clouds eyed the dry plainTheirs an empty promise of life-giving rainGiving with pregnant soft weight, a lover’s caressto the hard dolerite head of a hillock buttress
The hillock and cloud killing at birththe dream of relief for the thirsty dry earthIn all directions the land lay dryBeneath an unforgivingly clear blue sky
Koppies, some grandiose, rearingand others like soft round breasts, endlessly endearingYet the shadows they cast and the succour they shareare but fleeting moments in a landscape so bare
As some are born to sweet delightAnd others to darkest nightso effortlessly we roll through desolate land,Over hot shimmering tarmac on hot shimmering sand
And now Hanover behind and Laingsburg aheadI'm desperately thinking of my Cape Town bedAlready I see a glorious sunset, the sea's gentle swell:Just as soon as we can hurry past the Cape Flats smell

This body, this ancient dustDecember2018
As with age my body slowsAnd through tired limbs the knowledge growsThat soon my dust the Earth will sweepAnd briefly round my loved will weep
Briefly, though, I say it trueFor soon their own will falter tooThrough Time's relentless creepTheir youthful vigour, alas, will seep
And before the end, if such there be,Their dust will ‘cross this Earth blow freeAnd as time passes, ineluctably With mine will mingle, joyously
This stuff of Earth, this fertile loamThis our final resting homeWould that now, knowing suchCould we spread love, through every touch?

A poem of Life, A poem of Death
My son, my daughter, precious as the smile of GodWhat for you in the road ahead?I cannot help but see life’s dreadWaiting like thunder above your head
Your life, uncertain as the dawning dayFills me with joy and fearful hopeWould that I could take your load as drayAnd ease your way up every slope
Carry you, staggering, if need beUp every hill and down every pathSo that the divinity of your joyRemains absolute for all to see

Haiku (sort of)July 2018
My son's face tranquilIn gentle sleep dreamingI kiss his cheek
This wave lifts meFiercely submerges my body rollingI surface and breathe
The old man stumblesCatching his arm, I steady himA glimpse of winter
I crush the leavesMy boot randomly DestroyingCreating Spring
My daughter, impish face smilingWith unbounded loveMy heart swellsAnd overwhelms the Universe

Haiku (+)July 2018
I am black girl she saidthrough brown eyesShe smells like heavenI breathe her in
Winter comes againSo many, so manyOn the horizonThe last one stares at me
The beat of my heart at nightA countdown to oblivionHow many thuds remain?

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 来自南非的心灵摇曳 A swaying heart from South Africa